Frequently Asked Questions

I am concerned about my child academically.  How can they get special education services?

Please see the Special Education section of the school website for more information.

My child is struggling with (xyz).  Can you meet with my child for counseling?

The student counseling I provide is primarily for students with IEPs who have social and emotional goals.   As a mental health support staff, I am happy and available to support any student at RVS on a limited basis; however, this arrangement would not be ongoing.  For counseling support for general education students, please contact Mrs. Giarratano or Ms. Mirabella, our school counselors.

I am interested in finding a therapist/counselor/support group (etc.) for my child.  Do you have any recommendations?

While we do not endorse any particular outside service providers, the school counselors and I would be happy to help you in your search for mental health support outside of school.  Please contact one of us for a list of service providers that have been utilized by RVS families in the past or for additional support in securing outside mental health services for your child.

Website by SchoolMessenger Presence. © 2024 SchoolMessenger Corporation. All rights reserved.